A Break-Up AND an Abortion!?
Are you facing a breakup because of an abortion?
Are you and your partner fighting constantly?
Is your relationship disintegrating in your hands while you watch helplessly?
Unplanned pregnancy and abortion can take a toll on a relationship. The surprise of an unplanned pregnancy can demand that couples get serious about their collective and separate needs. Conversations can be difficult as discussions uncover a need for deep communication and the discovery of different agendas and coping strategies. All parties involved can get triggered with the introduction of an unplanned pregnancy or abortion, a lot comes up! It is not uncommon for a couple to have to deal with both an abortion AND a break-up at the same time.
Are you worried that your relationship can’t handle the stress of an unplanned pregnancy?
- Perhaps you are feeling afraid that your partner is not able to meet you in this process
- Sometimes an unplanned pregnancy can turn up the resolution about what’s not working in a relationship
- Some couples struggle over an agreement about what to do, you may have differing opinions, values, experiences and it can be hard to discuss without feelings getting trampled and fights erupting
- You may feel even more alone with a partner that’s unavailable physically or emotionally.
- You may both be operating from a place of shock and not able to get perspective
- Your partner may feel deeply offended or rejected because you didn’t have his baby
- Are you having trouble sleeping or focusing at work or school because your relationship is taking up all your head space?
- Many couples have a hard time finding common ground and connection while navigating an unplanned pregnancy or abortion.
These are common relationship dynamics that arise in the face of unplanned pregnancy and abortion.
- Feeling disconnected from your partner.
- Feeling unable to communicate needs clearly and directly
- Feeling like the relationship is stuck and neither person has the perspective to see how to get unstuck
- Struggling with understanding how you each process, grieve, integrate in different ways
- Bickering and fighting because of an unresolved circumstance.
- An inability to connect physically or be intimate.
If you feel any of these things, don’t give up.
I am Lesley Glenner.. I have worked with women and couples for years to help them make sense of an Abortion decision. I offer a truly unbiased and judgment-free perspective to help you navigate this important decision with as much support, awareness and care as possible. As a trained clinician I am available as an empathic ear for Your struggles with fear, anxiety, terror, depression, loss of relationship, loss of the life You thought You’d have as you wrestle with this deeply personal and complex issue.
You are not alone.
Many women who are faced with an unplanned pregnancy feel that it is one of the most complicated, difficult and emotionally challenging things they have ever experienced. Abortion is a multi-faceted issue and brings up complex feelings in many categories; emotional, relational, religious, spiritual, financial, biological, generational, etc. The decision to have or not have an abortion asks you to delve deep into our minds and hearts to find truth that is very specific to You and your current life circumstances. While doctors help their clients to deal with the physical aspects of abortion, they are often unprepared to address the emotional pieces of grieving, making sense of a decision, finding peace within, communicating what needs to be said (and what doesn’t) and rebuilding ones life.
You can do this. And I promise, this too shall pass.
Even though this is so hard, it can be an amazing experience for growth and healing. With my help, you can:
- Explore the thoughts, feelings and emotions impacting your relationship.
- Learn how to listen to your partners request without taking it personally.
- Learn coping skills to facilitate healthy adjustment to this complex situation
- Heal and cultivate your relationship with yourself while deepening relationship with your partner
- Increase your self-confidence in your ability to know what’s right for YOU.
- Learn how to integrate this experience in to the great whole of your life and learn from it.
But you may have some concerns about talking to me… You may say…
Nobody can help me, my problem is too nuanced, what good is therapy?
You’re partially right, it is nuanced. Your decision can only be made by you. I can help you to hear your wisest self.
It’s too painful to talk about, I’m afraid to talk about it.
Sometimes talking about it can feel scary or painful initially. However, it’s a little known secret that when we talk about something, when we give it air, its power over us diminishes. It takes emmense bravery to feel our feelings and when we do we are generously rewarded in the form of deep inner peace and integration.
My abortion(s) is my biggest secret, what if someone I know finds out?
Therapy is 100% confidential. No body will know that you’re in therapy or what you’re discussing. You have total control about how much you share and will whom. I am here to provide a safe, respectful space for you to be yourself in.
Lesley specializes in safe, nonjudgmental, agenda-free abortion counseling. Lesley holds the space for you to explore, process and find the answers that are right for YOU.
Are you ready to take the next step?
This free ebook may help you sort out all the feelings you’re having about this issue. Just enter your email address, and you can download it immediately.
I hope that this ebook helps you undertand all the feelings you’re having as you face into this issue. I would love to help you navigate this decision so that you can find peace, either way, or even find peace with a past abortion decision that may be haunting you.